If you would like to ship a package, please fill out a Domestic or International FedEx Waybill and have the Financial Coordinator schedule a FedEx pick up for you. IEE's FedEx Waybills can be found in the IEE supply room (2311 Phelps Hall)
- Once filled in, be sure to give the first page of the Waybill to the Financial Coordinator for payment processing and record keeping.
- Drop off packages no later than noon on the day that you want the shipment to be sent out.
- If you are not pre-authorized to approve expenses, send an email to the Financial Coordinator and the project PI with the details of the shipment and the account fund that the expense should be charged to. No shipment can be sent without approval from the PI.
You must be a pre-authorized to approve expenses on the account that you are billing to. Send an email to the Financial Coordinator with questions.
- Log in to Gus
- Your email username is your UCSB email (contact Financial Coordinator with issues) and the first time you login your password will be Iee123. Once logged in you will be prompted to reset your password.
- Click on the Purchasing button.
- On the Purchasing page click on the New Purchase Order button.
- On the New Purchase Order page you'll be required to fill in all the fields that are in red. Reference the attached screenshot for what information should be included. Use the notes section to list the time of package drop-off and, as needed, to share any additional information about the shipment.
- Once all the required information is filled in and you've reviewed the order for accuracy, please press the grey Submit Purchase Order button at the bottom of the page. Your order will show up in the Financial Coordinator's queue and they will know when to expect you to drop off the package.
- FedEx is already a vendor in our system. Please be sure to type in "FedEx" and allow the autofill option to fill in the address and phone number.
- The "Unit" field is for "each," "pack," "case" etc. Please do not enter grams, ltrs, or other units of measurement.
Domestic shipments of UCSB property through any commercial transit carrier (e.g. FedEx) are automatically insured with UC’s Property Self-Insurance Program. Foreign shipments of UCSB property through any commercial transit carrier are automatically insured through UC’s Marine Cargo Insurance policy.
To ship internationally, send an email to the Export Control Officer at UCSB (Brian McCurdy, firstname.lastname@example.org), the Financial Coordinator, and the PI with answers to the following questions. International shipments must be approved by Export Control before they can be sent out. Please allow enough time to coordinate with Export Control (about 1 week).
- Who will use the equipment/material overseas, i.e. who are the ultimate end-users?
- What foreign institution(s) are these people primarily affiliated with?
- What country is the ultimate destination for the shipment?
- What are you intending to ship? Please be detailed; no acronyms.
- What will be done with the equipment/material? Briefly describe the research.
- Will this equipment/material be used for any military purpose by the end-user or institution?
- What is the value of this shipment?
- How many items are being shipped?
- Which account should this be charged to?