Hotel & Travel
Special rates were negotiated for Summit attendees at The Fess Parker, a DoubleTree by Hilton Resort.
For additional hotels in Santa Barbara, visit the Santa Barbara Lodging Guide.
Driving Directions: From the North
- Take 101 North to Santa Barbara.
- Exit the freeway at left exit 94C: Cabrillo Boulevard exit.
- At the bottom of the off ramp, turn left onto Cabrillo Boulevard.
- Turn right onto Calle Puerto Vallarta.
- The hotel entrance is the first driveway on the left. Come in the driveway, and head left, following the signs to the hotel lobby. Once you register, you can park closely to where your room is located.
Driving Directions: From the South
- Take 101 southbound to Santa Barbara.
- Exit at Garden Street.
- Turn right onto Garden St.
- Turn left onto Cabrillo Boulevard
- Turn left onto Calle Puerto Vallarta.
- Turn left into the Doubletree Parking lot.
- Come in the driveway, and head left, follow the signs to the hotel lobby. Once you register, you can park closely to where your room is located.
Overnight parking rates at the Fess Parker are $10 self service and $26 valet. Complimentary day parking was available at the Fess Parker for Summit participants who were not staying at the Fess Parker.
Travel by Air
We strongly urge participants to fly into the Santa Barbara airport - although it may cost slightly more than flying into LA, the time and hassle saved will be more than worth it. The Santa Barbara airport is just a 5-minute drive to the UCSB campus, and 20 min to the Fess Parker Resort.
For Santa Barbara Airport travel information regarding flight or ground transportation visit www.flysba.com.
For those who fly into LAX, there is a shuttle service (http://www.sbairbus.com/) that makes one stop on the way and then drops you in Santa Barbara. The price is $80 roundtrip and takes approximately 2 hours in the best of traffic.
Airport Shuttle and Taxi Information
The Fess Parker has an airport shuttle to take participants to the hotel up until 9:00 PM.
If necessary, here are several taxi companies and their phone numbers:
Blue Dolphin Taxi
Santa Barbara Airport Cab