Institute launches information portal dedicated to technology development for energy efficiency
August 31, 2009
The Institute for Energy Efficiency today launched The White Room. This online space is a one-stop shop for news, blog postings, events and video about technologies for energy efficiency and the policy and economic issues relating to them. Users can refine search results by technology area of interest and desired content type, making it easier to find a video lecture on the efficient data centers or all blog postings relating to solid state lighting.
Highlights of the White Room include:
- RSS feed for both full results and customized ones
- Faceted search, which allows viewing by selected technology areas and content type
- Ability to sort all content by search relevance, date, or title
- Featured listings (what we deem most important) at top of home page
- Ability for users to submit content to be added
If you have any feedback about this feature, please contact Whitney Wegener at whitney [at] iee [dot] ucsb [dot] edu.